Sunday, April 22, 2012
My First Wedding Cake
My little brother married his sweetheart Fang yesterday in the Jordan River Temple in Utah. It was a lovely wedding and I'm so excited for them and to have a new sister! Anyhow, I made the cake and the wedding bouquet and was pretty proud of them so I thought I would post them and boast a little. I wasn't too nervous about the flowers because I have made multiple bouquets it the past. The only scary part was that I made it with tulips and I had never worked with tulips before. Also, the day I needed to go and buy the flowers was the same day as BYU's graduation and two local high school proms, so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get what I needed, but thanks to the ladies at Best Buds on Canyon Road in Provo I was able to get everything I needed! The cake on the other hand was a much scarier experience. You see, I have never made a wedding cake before. I made a practice cake last week just to make sure I wasn't going to fail completely, and then when it came to making the real thing, a kind and patient friend who knew what she was doing came over to the house and helped out (that's most likely why it turned out so well). I had also never transported a cake before and I knew we were going to be driving through the I-15 construction mess and was afraid that we'd ruin a layer in transit. We were blessed and made it to the reception without any cake disasters, and once I put it together and got it decorated I was finally able to take a sigh of relief.
The past few days have felt like I've been running a marathon, but it was all worth it. Everything was so nice, there were no major disasters, and best of all my brother was able to marry his wife for time and all eternity and I was able to be there with him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow! that is amazing!
andrea! wow! I'm impressed! you are so talented!
we miss you guys terribly! hope all is going well with you!
Wow Andrea! Those turned out so beautiful! I love the simple design of the cake, it's so classy! And the bouquet is so elegant! I love all the pearls and the color combinations! Tulips are a great choice for a wedding bouquet! Good job on it all!
Post a Comment