Our first trip was to Wenatchee, Washington. We went to welcome my brother home from his two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Australia, enjoy the Apple Blossom Festival, visit with family, and celebrate my Grandpa Christensen's birthday. While there, I (Andi) ran the Apple Blossom fun-run 5k and actually placed and won a medal! Here's a few pictures from the first of three trips this summer to WA.
Kyle getting off the plane at Pangborn Airport
(he's the one in the black suit).
Kyle and Andrea in Leavenworth
Andrea and Craig in Leavenworth
Cousin Croft and Craig at the Apple Blossom Parade
The second trip of the summer to Washington was enjoyed only by Andrea, sorry Craig. I (Andi) drove up to Washington with my Grandma and Grandpa Christensen. On our way to Washington we stopped for the funeral of my great-great uncle Frank. It was one of the best funerals I have ever been to... he was a great guy. We spent the night in Boise and Grandma, Grandpa, and I drove around the capitol building and downtown area. They also showed me the houses they lived in when my mom was a young girl. The main purpose for my trip to Washington this time was for my sister Kjirsten's high school graduation. While in Wenatchee this time around, I also got to go and visit our good friends the Elias' and their animals who live in Cashmere, WA. Here's a few pictures from this trip.
My sister Kjirsten and I at her graduation.
Yes, it's blurry, but I love this picture of my siblings and I at KJ's graduation.
Some of the animals at the Elias' farm... so pretty out there.
This is one of the craziest animals I have ever seen.
Me holding one of the baby goats at the Elias'.
Following the 2nd trip to Washington, Craig and I spent a lot of time with friends from church. One of our favorite activities we did this summer was playing on two softball teams. Craig played on a men's intramural team both in the Spring and the Summer. We both played on a co-ed intramural team in the summer. This was the first time either one of us had played ball, and we really fell in love with it. During this period of time we spent a lot of time working in our garden. This year we planted zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, flowers, onions, lavender, rosemary, basil, and mint.
Near the end of July we left for Lincoln City, Oregon for a family reunion with members of Craig's mother's family. Following a week on the ocean, we then traveled to Wenatchee for a short visit and to attend my old room mate Michelle's wedding reception. After Wenatchee we went to Spokane, WA and stayed with my aunt and uncle for a day. We then spent three days in Shelley, Idaho with Craig's Johnson grandparents. While there we attended Craig's cousin Jessica's wedding and reception. It was a somewhat exhausting trip, but very fun! Here's a few pics from this adventure:
This was the view from the house we stayed at in Oregon.
The tide pools were great fun in the mornings...
you only had to climb 180 stairs to get to the beach!
Craig at the Newport Aquarium in the shark tank.
Andrea at the Newport Aquarium
Craig with his Grandma Johnson.
We celebrated her birthday while in Oregon, hence the crown.
Craig and I at a Wenatchee Apple Sox game that we attended with my family
during our third visit to Wenatchee this summer.
Our final trip of the summer before school started was to Lake Powell. I had never been before, but I had a blast. The water was so nice, not cold at all; the sights were breathtaking; and the adventures were unforgettable. We toured a few canyons on jet skis, wake boarded, took a boat ride to Rainbow Bridge, played in the water, ate good food, and enjoyed the company of good friends both old and new. Here are some of the pics from our final adventure before school starting.
(For some reason I can't get the pictures to upload at the moment, so I'm going to post this and add pictures from Lake Powell on a separate post.)
No comments:
Post a Comment