Saturday, August 14, 2010
The Dress
So, I decided a while back that I would make this cute little dress for our friends the Taylors who are expecting a little girl any day now. I bought the material and supplies a few months ago, but put the project off due to family vacations and other activities. Anyhow, we returned home from our latest travels (pictures to come) on Sunday night. As I looked through the past few weeks' mail I found a baby shower announcement for our friends... the shower was to be on Tuesday and I had yet to even start the dress. For most sewers this would not be a problem since this pattern was labeled "easy" on the blog that I found it on. However, my plan was to use this project to re-learn how to sew, so two days just wasn't quite enough. Then I had problems with the sewing machine and the problems list went on and on. Needless to say, I didn't get it done in time for the shower, in fact, I just finished it today and delivered it to them about an hour ago. It didn't turn out perfect, but it did turn out pretty dang good for my first sewing project without my mom or aunt's supervision. I am however ready for a break from sewing projects for at least a couple of days. Oh, and if you ever have questions, the ladies who work at the Cotton Shop in Provo are a great help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Andi - it looks so cute! Did you do the ties at the top, or buttons? I think that it turned out great! Way to go!
Post a Comment