Friday, August 7, 2009

Getting to where I can breath an 14000ft


Hi All,
Sorry my updates aren't very complete or together, but I am having a great time in peru. It is crazy to be in such a different world. The people live off of so little. I really love the village of Salkantay, the people are really hard workers, and the kids are really cute. Here is a picture of me and one of my favorites, yefferson, he is definately a little travieso(trouble maker). We are having some trouble getting our porous concrete to work right up here. We guessed on the mixing the first time because we didn't have a scale, but this time we did improvised with a log for a scale, so hopefully everything will work out well. As for the site seeing we haven't done much, but tonight we went to a show it was a mix of a play, a circus, and a dance show that told the story of two bakers, a drunkard, and a tourist coming to understand the Andean heritage, both Spanish and Incan. It was really fun. Then I went and got a granadilla milkshake at Yajuu. I know nothing about granadilla other than it was good. I'll upload a movie of pictures Michelle, the other engineer in my group, took. I was going to check and verify the altitude, but I don't know, all I know is I can run fine in cusco, but at salkantay I run 20-30 yards and I'm puffing, but it is getting better.
Later,
Craig

3 comments:

Andi and Craig said...

I'm jealous... looks like you're having fun! You'll have to take me there!

Marti said...

How awesome Craig! I bet if you happen to adopt a little person from there to bring home with you, Andrea won't mind too much, right?

Craig S said...

I'd love too, they really are so cute! Do you guys want me to bring you one too?