Hi All, I'm writing this from the plane from Lima to Cuzco. It's been a good trip so far, I was bashing on continental airlines at first because the flight to Houston had a fairly shoddy plane, but I'd really consider them again for an international flight, they had personal screens and fed you two full meals it was great. Yesterday we just spent all day flying, and today we're heading to Cusco and we'll settle in our hotel and “go out on the town”(at least that's what Dr. Lewis said”. An interesting thing about Peru so far is that it's a desert. Now I knew that the driest place in the world, the Atacama desert, was in Chile, but for some reason I thought all of Peru was green and lush, but everything below us is just barren. I've taken a bunch of pictures and plan on getting Jon to expand on the geology. It really is beautiful though, there are just so many colors of sediment painted together. Another thing I'm going to have to get used to is no clean tap water. I meant to go by a camping place and buy one of those cool UV light water sanitizers, but I forgot. I can't imagine that they'll have and REI in Cuzco.
Cusco is Awesome!! I'll upload pictures and a lot more soon! Tonight I ate alpaca it's kind of like mutton with out the strong scent.
No comments:
Post a Comment