Saturday, July 25, 2009

Butterfinger Cookies


Today's recipe was found in the Santaquin 9th Ward's Relief Society Cookbook, 2007. The recipe was submitted by Kim Broadhead and can be located on page 32. This is a fun cookie recipe because it's something a little different, they are tasty, and they are easy.

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 large egg
1 cup Butterfinger, chopped

Directions
Mix together. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, until light brown.
Enjoy!!!

Note: These directions are very simple. A few things that I did that you might find helpful include creaming the sugar and butter (softened) and then adding the egg. Mix those together then add the dry ingredients. I shaped my cookies into thick discs since the dough is a bit drier and I don't wait until they are light brown to take them out, I just wait until they look set and maybe have a slight color change around the rim.

No comments: