Today's recipe comes from the cookbook In the Kitchen THE COSTCO WAY, page 176.
1 avocado, cut in 1/2-inch dice
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup ranch dressing*
Salt and pepper
1 pound fried turkey breast*
4 cups mixed salad greens*
4 10-inch flour tortillas (we used a spinach wrap instead)
12 grape tomatoes*
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup sliced red onion
3 tablespoons shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
Combine avocado, lime juice and ranch dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Shred turkey and stir into the avocado mixture.
Place salad greens on tortillas, followed by the dressed shredded turkey, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, and cheese. Roll up the wraps and cut in half.
Makes 4 servings.
*Instead of a 1/2 cup of ranch dressing, we used 1/4 cup ranch dressing and 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream and added some extra seasonings since we were low on ranch dressing. We thought after tasting it though that some kind of rustic guacamole sour cream mixture would have been better.
*We did not have fried turkey breast (I assume most don't have this ingredient on hand), so we pan fried 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts. After they were done cooking, we peeled off the skin and shredded the meat.
*For our salad greens we used a mix of spinach, romaine hearts, and iceberg.
*Instead of grape tomatoes, I just seeded and diced up a ripe roma and I think that it worked just fine.
So, this way okay. Another nice, light summer dinner. However, it was nothing to rave about in our opinions. Like I mentioned above, we think that a different sauce would be a world of difference. Experiment and leave a comment telling us what you found to work best. Out of 5 stars I'd give it a 2.75 out of 5... maybe a 3.
1 comment:
andrea i was just asking my dad why they had to move from three lakes and why did you have to get married becuase now we will never get your yummy food!!! but now i have found your blog, and I can make you food. what a great Idea!
- Storme
Post a Comment