This was Friday's recipe... sorry I did not have time to post it yesterday. This recipe came from momswhothink.com. I doubled the recipe and it made a TON, which was perfect for the party we were taking it to.
Ingredients:
1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
1/2 carrot, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1 package ramen noodles (oriental flavor)
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, or sesame seeds
Dressing (whisk or shake together):
1/2 cup salad oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Flavor packet from ramen noodles
Toast the nuts or seeds in a warm oven for 6-8 minutes, watching carefully to prevent over-toasting. Cool.
Combine cabbage, carrots, and onions.
Break up noodles and add to vegetables.
Shortly before serving, add nuts or seeds and the mixed dressing; toss well.
Enjoy!
For the nuts I used 1/2 sunflower seeds, half sesame seeds and just toasted them in a pan on my stove top and they seemed to work just fine. Other than that, I stuck to the recipe. We ate the leftovers today and they were fine. The only difference was that the noodles were no as crunchy as they were last night. We would give this recipe a 4 out of 5... if you haven't noticed, we're hesitant to give out fives, we're saving them for the best of the best. "I thought it was pretty good and I'd do it again... it wasn't drop dead amazing, but you know" was Craig's comment when I asked him to give a rating on the salad.
No comments:
Post a Comment